Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Vivid Sydney Photography Spots

LOVE THIS SHOT
 
I think Vivid is one of the events in the year that I look forward to the most in Sydney, simply because I have a slight obsession with lights. There's something about it that just makes me feel so happy. I really enjoyed the light displays this year, especially because I was able to experiment with my camera and tinker with different exposures. They aren't the best, but it was the first time I ever took pictures with this sort of lighting. I've probably attended vivid around five times so far, but I only managed to take nice photos in Circular Quay, Sydney Harbour Bridge and North Sydney because my tripod and camera equipment was heavy. No regrets though, I managed to get some badass shots.



circularquay.

Customs house was pretty dang amazing this year.
experimented with reflective silhouettes
there's something so beautiful about this contrast.
crazy close-up







one of my favourite artworks this year





northsydney.

Spontaneous trip down to McMahons Point
Lavendar Bay



 sydneyharbourbridge.




 All photos are collected from my Nikon D90 aka Nigel Thornberry with my kit lens.

I think spontaneous journeys make for really nice photos, especially on solo escapades where you don't need to keep track of other people and time. Walking the harbour bridge twice and down to North Sydney makes for great exercise, but probably smart if you rug up especially since it's winter. Also the top of your friend's head makes for a great DIY tripod if you don't bring one. Hope I keep up with these photography adventures, they make for nice instagram posts HAHA.



FIST BUMP,
Kyla


No comments:

Post a Comment