Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Etude House Haul Review


asdfghjkl park sora is so pretty.

 Lately, I've had more of a fascination when it comes to make up and skincare (particularly Korean products), probably cause my younger days are behind me and also going into the workforce would require me to look more presentable. I guess it's lucky.. having those asian genes, we don't age too quickly.


So on my recent trip back to the motherland, I stocked up on some Korean cosmetics, especially since Australia doesn't have Etude House. Girl went a bit crazy, I probably spent a total of 2 hours accumulated in Korean cosmetic stores. Don't worry, I exerted my very limited will power and decided to just splurge on a few products.

They gave me a cute tray and samples cause I spent so much..heh.

Precious Mineral BB Cream - Perfect Fit

In Honey Beige, which is probably the darkest shade cause I'm a tropical goddess (jokes).
I've got to say that this is the very first asian BB cream I've ever tried and I really like it. It has a slightly thicker consistency than foundation, but surprisingly it doesn't cake too much on your face. It feels quite thin, with medium coverage. Since I never used it before, I gave a generous pump and I initially looked like a geisha. But as I've learned if in doubt, blend it out. I chose the PERFECT FIT because it's becoming quite cold now in Sydney and my skin is getting dryer, so it's good for keeping your skin hydrated and protected from the sun(SPF 30).

It has claims of "Whitening - Anti-Wrinkle - Anti-Darkening", I'd have to say yes, it did make me whiter, but I guess you have to be careful that you don't douse it on that you look like you've come off the set of horror movie.

Pros
- Relatively affordable P848 = $24
- Has good(medium) coverage
- Doesn't feel cakey and drown my pores
- Smells good
- Easy pump dispenser

Cons
- Limited shades



Face Designing Brightener

I think the shade is Glam Face.
I was introduced to this by the saleslady at Etude House and she mentioned it was a new and improved product of the Face Designing Brightener. I decided to choose Glam Face because it can double as a highlighter, but also for minimal contouring because of the darker shade. Initially when I did a swatch on my hand, it didn't look that noticeable, so I used a brush to put it on my cheeks till I started to see the sparkle (which took a few layers). With 1 or 2 layers, it has a good brightening effect to the face to make you look more awake, with the appearance of a dewy glow without looking too moist. 

Pros
- The colour fits nicely to my skin
- Staying capacity is long

Cons
- Putting too much can give you a Edward-Cullen-In-Sunlight moment
- Don't rub your face, otherwise glitter gets everywhere


Dear My Wish & Blooming Lips-talk

Shade RD302 (left) and Shade BE104 (right)

I'm starting to get into lip products nowadays, for one it's good for moisture, as well giving you a pop of colour that changes your mood on a gloomy day. Well at least that's how I see it. For the RD302, the colour reminds me of a deep wine colour with a good colour pay off. It is definitely really moisturising, but the lipstick can easily smudge (especially after you eat). The best description of this product would be that it's a hybrid lip balm and lipstick that has a shiny look that retains it's moisture. The BE104 on the other hand, the texture is lightweight with a great colour pay off. It suits my skin tone and doesn't feel drying on your lips at all. 

Pros
- Affordable P478 = $13.40
- Accurate colour from tube to lips
- Very moisturising
- Cute packaging is always a plus
- Good colour pay off

Cons 
- RD302 smudges easily especially after meals, your lips can look blotchy from the colour. You either have to reapply or try and rub it out 
- Using a lip liner would make for crisper look for RD302


Proof 10 Geliquid Liner - Waterproof

In brown.

I've tried the liquid liner at Etude House before and I really love the ease of using it, but since trying this Geliquid Liner I may have slowly converted. It has a small, but accurate brush which you can use to draw your eyeliner with precision. Being waterproof, you don't need to worry about rubbing your eyes and looking like a panda or worrying about reapplying. Has a good staying capacity.

Pros
- Long lasting
- Affordable P578 = $15.40
- Vivid colours
- Precise brush

Cons
- Harder to wash off, learned that using cleansing oil helps 


Lovey Cookie Blusher

Strawberry Choux

I have to admit that the packaging drew me in to make this impulsive purchase...but I didn't enjoy it too much because I realised this shade of blush isn't suited for tropical coloured people because for one you can barely see it and the only possible way you could was if you put more layers on. Think it would look quite good on fair skinned people though.

Pros 
- Packaging is adorable
- Affordable P348 = $9.75

Cons
- Not that pigmented
- Doesn't come in too many colours or shades  






The moment of truth...



BEFORE 
#makeupfreewithacupoftea

The light from my room wasn't very good, sorry.

AFTER 
with better lighting

You can see the brightener more in this one :)

I've never done anything like this before, but thought since I always read reviews to help me purchase that it might come in handy for someone else out there. 


FIST BUMP,
Kyla.

No comments:

Post a Comment